Monday, September 12, 2011

Skidding in Sideways

We arrived home today. It is a bittersweet experience: glad to be home but already missing our boat and the boating lifestyle! I get to sleep in my queen-size bed tonight, and sit in my recliner and watch our big screen plasma TV. I get to shower with unlimited hot water or I can take a bath if I choose. Not to mention I can use the dishwasher and look inside a refrigerator with shelves and everything! Ah! The comforts of home.

I want to thank all of my devoted blog followers. It has been a pleasure trying to entertain you with our stories of the water. I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers. Although we had a few close calls, I am sure your good wishes are what got us through it all. For our family and friends who have been worrying about us, YOU CAN STOP NOW. Those evil sea monsters didn't get us THIS time!

Abby went straight to the haul-out facility today. She has some keel damage from the rock we hit. We don't know how expensive it will be to fix so we are keeping our fingers crossed. She did have quite a few barnacles and even some of those evil mussels growing on all of the thru-hulls and all around the rudder. Time for a paint job!

The next task I have to do is sort through the thousands of pictures we took and the hundreds of videos and find the best ones to show you. That may take me a few days so I will send out an e-mail to let you know when they are ready for viewing. Please stay tuned...

Thanks again for reading my blog!

Love to you all,
Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment